Applications are invited for the post of Project Scientist I to work on exciting projects related to understanding the mechanisms of virus inhibition pertaining to vaccine responses and small molecule inhibitors. At Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem) Bengaluru, Karnataka.
No. of positions :- 01 Age Limit :- 35 Monthly Emolument :- 56,000/- + 24% HRA
- Perform hands-on laboratory work, independently or together with colleagues.
- Responsible for carrying out as well as supervising laboratory tests such as virus neutralization, virus titre determination, and RT-PCR to produce reliable and reproducible data
- Given the nature work, need to work with care with infectious agents and following appropriate biosafety regulatory guidelines.
- Ensuring availability of all paper and electronic records etc. Submitting weekly reports to one’s reporting authority.
- Design, validate, document and troubleshoot laboratory experiments.
- Responsible for analysing and interpreting data using appropriate statistical methods.
- Keep updating on the virology of SARS-CoV-2 especially the evolution of the newer strains.
- Maintaining strict adherence to timeliness / punctuality scheduled in advance.
- Provide timely and professional reports to clients.
Minimum Qualification Required:- Doctoral Degree in Science or Master Degree in Engineering and Technology from a recognised University or equivalent
- PhD in biological sciences, preferably infection biology Prior experience in infectious disease, either virology or immunology experience in working with pathogenic micro-organisms (BSL-2, BSL-3) is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication required with exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge in use of personal computers and its applications.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply online in the portal. The following documents should be uploaded
along with the application as a single PDF:
- CV (with the names and contact details of at least two scientific referees)
- Cover letter and a statement of research interest (~400 words).
- Any issues while applying may be addressed to email@example.com
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online
interview which may comprise multiple rounds to assess the candidate’s fit for the position.
Last date of submission of applications: 25th January 2022
Note: No selection will be made if suitable candidates are not identified